Thursday, April 12, 2007

The seaweed is always greener... In someone else's bay...

Forgot to mention that Elise and I went snorkling while on Ko Tao. And boy is it ever cool. Much cooler than diving for marbles in a backyard pool, and way way cooler than snorkleing in a lake (which is like trying to see through murky coffee). The water around Ko Tao is very clear, and the sea life is just out of this world. Some colourful fish, some not so colourful, crabs, sea urchins (they go clicketty-click all the time as it turns out), and the weirdest of them all: the majestic sea cucumber. I didn't see any stingrays, which I was constantly paranoid about stepping on, but I'm pretty sure I did see a Scorpion Fish (which I'm pretty sure can be deadly). I also managed not to see any sharks or sea snakes which I'm also cool with.

Alex, whatever made you decide not to pursue a career in oceanography? "Undah dah sea... Undah dah sea..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vos histoires sont toujours très intéressantes à lire. Nous continuons à vous suivre sur google earth pour voir les paysages et l'architecture des différents endroits. On a bien hâte d'entendre toutes vos histoires. Soyez prudents et bon voyage jusqu'à Calcutta. Bises Mom

Nick said...

Just based on these two comments... I think I'll keep em coming. Just because I'm nice like that.

Alexandre said...

Six words were enough to turn me upwards. "We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

but ya... same in the Dominican Republic.. Tons of life down there, and lots to explore

Anonymous said...

Pom pom pom pom pom .....