Monday, March 26, 2007
And then there was Thailand...
Ok, so I haven't been able to find reliable internet access for a few days. We took the slow boat on the Mekong from Luang Prabang to Huay Xai with an overnight in Pak Beng. That's a 9 hour boat trip two days in a row. Scenic, but boring as Hell. What's more is that there are no stops for lunch or anything else. On the morning we left from pak Beng, I had a severe case of the Runs and I also threw up at breakfast. I felt really ill for the rest of the day and didn't really eat anything substantial until the next morning. The boat ride probably didn't help on that front. I went straight to bed in Huay Xai and slept the entire night. This morning, I felt absolutely fine. Must have been some sort of 24 hr bug. So we decided to cross the border to Thailand. Chiang Khong hasen't much to offer, as it is a border town, so we immediately took the bus to Chiang Rai. We'll hang out here a few days and maybe do a trek, then we'll be off to Chiang Mai.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ta digestion ne semble pas avoir aimé l'Asie jusqu'à maintenant. Espérons que la Thaïlande lui plaît plus. Reposez-vous à Chiang Rai. Merci pour les nouvelles.
Betsy
Bon entretemps, j'espère que tu ne maigris pas trop. Serait-ce encore les pilules de malaria? De toute façon, les beautés de Thailnde remplaceront bien les malaises. Prends bien soins de toi et d'Élise. Gros bisous
Gin
Glad you're mixing a good deal of "wilderness" with the typically crowded and polluted Asian cities. Enjoy this beautiful part of the Earth. Sorry to hear you were sick. You think it was "some sort of 24 hr bug"? Could it be something you ate? ;-) I've seen a couple pictures of you where you could be easily classified in the fringe section of gourmet... Relax & enjoy. Private email coming to you. AG
Post a Comment